It must be getting close to summer because the Mackinac State Historic Parks are opening for the 2007 season on May 7. Various packages are available for visiting the four historic venues that make up the Mackinac State Historic Parks - Colonial Michilimackinac, Historic Mill Creek, Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse, and Fort Mackinac on Mackinac Island. The "Infinity Package" available through the MackinawCity.com website offers you -
- 3 Day Pass with unlimited ferry service on pre-selected ferry line
- 3 Day Unlimited Pass to Fort Mackinac, Mill Creek, Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse, and Colonial Michilimackinac
- Thunder Falls Family Waterpark Admission 3 day Unlimited Pass
You will have 3 days to use the unlimited passes as you wish. Prices start at $54.95 for children (5-12) up to $79.95 for adults (age 18+). Ferry tickets alone (via the Arnold Line) will run you $21 each for adults (ages 13+) and $10.50 for kids (5-12) at their regular prices.
Here are the prices for tickets to the Historic State Parks without using the special "Infinity Package".
- Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse Day Pass - $5.25 (adult), $3.25 (children 6-17)
- Historic Mill Creek Day Pass - $7.25 (adult), $4.25 (children 6-17)
- Fort Mackinac Day Pass - $9.50 (adult), $5.50 (children 6-17)
- Colonial Michilimackinac Day Pass - $9.50 (adult), $5.50 (children 6-17)
Say you were a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids 17 and under) and wanted to visit all four of the Mackinac State Historic Park sites and Thunder Falls. Your cost would be as follows (if your kids are teenagers your ferry tickets will all be considered adult prices which greatly increases the cost) -
- Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse - $17
- Historic Mill Creek - $23
- Fort Mackinac - $30
- Colonial Michilimackinac - $30
- Thunder Falls - $65.80 (assuming you are going after 6/15 and your kids are under 48" tall)
- Ferry Tickets - $63
- Grand Total - $228.80
Your cost with the "Infinity Package" would be $299.80 (2 adults at $79.95 and 2 kids 13-17 at $69.95). With this package you can go to any of the Historic State Parks and Thunder Falls while riding the ferry boats as many times as you wish over a 3-day period. Lodging is extra for both the "Infinity Package" scenario and the above price breakdown for purchasing tickets individually.
There is also a "Triple Choice" ticket available for the Mackinac State Historic Parks that gets you 3 tickets to venues of your choice. Adult tickets are $20 and youth (ages 6-17) are $12.50. The tickets are valid for 7 days from the time you pick them up. They are not unlimited passes - these are single use only.