Today is the first of August and we are in the midst of the "dog days of summer" here in Michigan. The weatherman said that with the humidity the actual temperatures across Michigan were in the triple digits. It is supposed to be another scorcher today. I had a friend in Lansing who used to say, "it's not the heat, it's the stupidity." Of course that is a take on the popular phrase, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity." I prefer his line. People do stupid things when it gets this hot.
So, to help folks avoid doing stupid things in this heat I have some suggested places for you to go to stay cool.
- Take a dip in Lake Superior (66 degree water temps near Marquette)
- Visit your local library
- Hang out at the mall
- Stand in line at the Secretary of State office
- Become a volunteer greeter at Wal-Mart until the store manager asks you to leave
- Eat lots of ice cream at your local dairy bar :)
- Watch movies at your local movie theater (it's always too cold there so it should be nice)