One of my favorite ways to create new recipes is to combine the best parts of tried-n-true recipes. I combined parts of the Rustic Fruit Tart and the Blueberry Custard Pie to create this recipe. What you need:
- 1 ready made pie crust, unbaked
- 4 c. fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine 3 cups of blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake at 450 for 35 minutes or until crust is golden and blueberries are bubbling. Allow to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pudding, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla. Beat on high for about 45 seconds or until well blended and thick. Spread over cooled pie.
- Top with remaining blueberries.