I'm starting up a new feature to highlight select events across Michigan for each weekend. There is a chill in the air and the weekend weather looks fairly promising (umbrellas optional in select areas of the state :) ) across the state. Get out and enjoy some Pure Michigan.
1. Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival There is a lot to do for all ages at this festival. Car Show, Craft Show, Carnival Rides, Wine Tasting, Music, a parade, and much more.
2. Breakfast for the animals at Binder Park Zoo Go behind the scenes and see what the animals eat for breakfast as well as a chance to help feed the animals.
3. Antique Engine and Tractor Show in Bangor September 9-12 - call (269) 639-2010 for open times and other details.
4. Good Old Days Festival in Richmond "Highlights during the four days include; demolition derby, figure 8 derby, tractor/truck pulls, musical entertainment both in the beverage tent and on the festival stage, Mid America Shows, and fireworks." Give it a look and see for yourself why this was voted Michigan's Best Small Town Festival.
5. U.P. Fall Beer Festival This is the second year for this event (formally U.P. Oktoberfest) that will feature over 30 Michigan craft brewers with almost 200 varieties of beer to sample.