This weekend Flannel Festivals, lumberjack meals, sweet chocolate, and vintage restored trains will be celebrated and enjoyed across Michigan.
- Fayette State Park Fall Festival 10/2. Enjoy hayrides, campsite decorating, haunted trail, and more family-friendly activities at historic Fayette.
- Lumberjack Breakfast and Logging Contests at The Tahquamenon Logging Museum - 10/2. Breakfast runs from 7am to 12pm and costs $7.50. You will enjoy a "breakfast of bacon, eggs, homemade sausage, pancakes and fried potatoes cooked over an authentic wood stove and served in the Cook Shack as it was done 100 years ago."
- Cedar Springs Red Flannel Festival 10/1 - 10/2. Events include a lumberjack supper, entertainment, bed races, arts & crafts, a parade, and more.
- This is the last weekend for the Michigan Renaissance Festival up in Holly - 10/1 - 10/3. The weekend's theme is their 10th annual Chocolate Festival.
- Railroad Enthusiasts will be gathering in Grayling 10/2 - 10/3. There will be opportunities to view and ride in restored passenger coaches, LEGO train display, Model Train Show & Swap, Farmer's Market, Tractor Show, and many more events around Grayling.