In continuing with the strawberry-themed recipes this week, I came across this sweet and hot Strawberry BBQ Sauce. This would be good on pork or chicken, but I am sure it wouldn't hurt to try it on whatever comes to mind. I have had great success with a cherry bbq sauce on pork and chicken so I would think this will be a similar sauce.
- 2 cups fresh Michigan strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Makes 2 cups.
I do not care for the taste of cilantro so I will definitely be leaving that out. Other than that, it looks delicious. I received a bbq sauce making kit for my birthday and I have been itching to try it out. Since this is the season for strawberries I might as well give this one a go.
Recipe via Michigan.gov website.