The 120 page magazine (published by Midwest Living) is chock full of great ideas for every corner of the state. I ordered a copy a few weeks ago and have already received and read through it. It was neat to see quite a few pages devoted to the St. Joseph River, Michigan's first Heritage Water Trail, as that is practically in our backyard. There were also a few pages devoted to historic stops along U.S. 12 such as Walker Tavern and Rosalie's Roadhouse. The travel ideas cover summer, fall, and winter travel destinations in Michigan.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Thumbs Up! - Enjoy the blue waters of Lake Huron and the beautiful 'thumb' region of Michigan
- Fishing and canoeing the Au Sable River
- City weekend trips - covers - Grand Rapids, Detroit, Bay City, Midland, Saginaw, Benton Harbor, and St. Joseph.
- A slew of Beach Time at great shore towns all along the hundreds of miles of Michigan's coastline
- Autumn trips on southwest Michigan
- Great places to ski and snowmobile in Michigan's winter wonderland
- A really interesting list of places to visit on Michigan's Freedom Trail - the Underground Railroad