If you subscribe to the Michigan History magazine by July 2007 you will receive the special 96 page issue chock full of stories about the historic bridge known as Mighty Mac. A one-year subscription is $19.95 for six issues. You can request a free trial issue and you can then either pay the $19.95 subscription to receive the five other issues or "cancel" after the trial issue is received if you are not interested in the magazine. Here are some of the topics that will be included in the special issue (via MichiganHistoryMagazine.com):
- Before the Bridge: Waiting for carferries
- Building the Bridge: From cofferdams to paint
- Courage on the Bridge: The ironworkers' stories
- Under the Bridge: A pilot's aerial stunt
- Cities at the Bridge: The history of Mackinaw City and St. Ignace
- Walking the Bridge: Recollections from Michigan History readers
- and more...
Get your free trial issue today at MichiganHistoryMagazine.com.