I love history and since I am a lifelong Michigan resident I am always interested in Michigan history as well. Seven properties were added to the National Register of Historic Places in July. A nice segment of Michigan is represented with properties from the U.P. (Iron River) on down to Detroit.
- Central School, Iron River
- East Jordan Lumber, East Jordan
- The Votruba Block, East Jordan
- Marquette & Western Railroad Negaunee Freight Depot, Negaunee
- The Majestic Theater, Detroit
- Garden Bowl, Detroit
- Helen Newberry Nurses Home, Detroit
You can read more about these locations at Michigan.gov.
For a complete listing of Michigan locations in the National Register of Historic Places you can search their database.