Ever since the post counter showed 999 Total Posts I have been struggling to come up with something worthy of Post Number 1,000. Consequently, I haven't posted anything in a long time due to Post Number 1,000 staring me in the face and demanding a worthy tribute. I decided to run a list of the Top Ten Posts here at the All Things Michigan blog. This humble little blog started back on November 10, 2005 with a post about The Leetsville Shoe Tree. I started this blog as an attempt to help do what I could to promote the state of Michigan.
Mind you, this was before the bottom fell out of the Michigan (and subsequently national) economy. This was back before it was trendy to outwardly support Michigan and before a slew of pro-Michigan websites (which I think are great!) sprang up. You could say that I was promoting Michigan when promoting Michigan wasn't cool (to borrow a phrase from a country song).
Without further ado, here are the Top Ten Posts at All Things Michigan:
- John Rich performs Shutting Detroit Down
- Time lapse video of 2009 Chicago to Mackinac sailboat race
- Is the Michigan State Fair the nation’s oldest?
- The music behind the Pure Michigan ads
- The German POW camps of Michigan during WWII
- Top Ten Things to do in Michigan in the Fall
- I give a standing ovation to Mitch Albom’s Sports Illustrated article
- Stop in at Tony’s I-75 Restaurant
- 1st Annual Mackinac Bridge Antique Tractor Crossing
- Bear Cave in Buchanan
Become a fan of Gift Baskets From Michigan on Facebook