Our toddler is turning into quite the chef/baker. He even has his own little John Deere apron to wear when helping Mama in the kitchen. We baked this cake last week. It was perfect because he was able to help with the mixing, pouring, and poked holes in the cake and didn't get in trouble for it! What you need:
- 1 devil's food cake mix
- 2 1/2 c. crushed Michigan strawberries
- 1 small pkg. instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c. milk
- 1 small container strawberry whipped topping
- Bake cake according to directions on box. Use a 9X13 pan. Cool on wire rack. Use the handle of a wooden spoon or your fingers to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour crushed strawberries over the top of the cake. You may need to use the wooden spoon handle (or your fingers) to make sure the juice goes down the holes.
- In a medium bowl, mix pudding mix and milk until thick. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake.
- Chill for 4 hours. Enjoy!