I took my dad to see his first Detroit Tigers playoff game this past Tuesday. We had an awesome time in Detroit and the Tigers helped cap things off with a thrilling victory over the Texas Rangers. Here's a list of my highlights:
- Aretha Franklin singing the National Anthem. Was it my favorite version? No, but it was Aretha Franklin - the Queen of Soul.
- Joel Zumaya delivering the game ball. I had goosebumps when the strains of Hendrix's 'Voodoo Child' started playing over the loudspeakers.
- Magglio Ordonez limping onto the field to huge cheers during pregame introductions. It nearly brought me to tears.
- Home runs. They are a deliciously sweet thing when hit by your favorite team.
- The crowd singing along to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".
- Dinner at Fishbones in Greektown.
- A quick ride from the parking ramp to Greektown and then back to Comerica Park on The People Mover. Better than walking, plus I got a quick tour of Detroit's downtown. It only costs $.50 per ride. How does this thing not get more riders?
Oh, and today in Detroit Tigers history - this little gem happened :).