I plan to make this pie with blueberries and raspberries as soon as I have time to go out and pick the berries. It sounds delicious and easy - just my style! What you need:
- Ready made unroll and bake pie crust
- 3 cups fresh fruit (one fruit or a mix of fruits)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Unroll pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Combine fruit, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl and stir well. Use a slotted spoon to pile fruit in a level mound in the center of the pie crust, leaving about 1 to 2 inches of bare dough around. Discard any juice in the bowl.
- One side at a time, fold up the edges of the pastry. The folded edges should cover some of the berries, but not reach the center. When all of the edges are folded up, the center of the tart should still be visible.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry begins to brown and the fruit is bubbling. Remove the tart from the oven and cool until the juices set.
This recipe was adapted from one found at the Traverse City Record Eagle's website. The article accompanying the recipe is interesting.