My family is obsessed with root beer. My husband is in the process of brewing up some homemade root beer for our son's birthday. This got me thinking, what other root beer things can I make for his birthday? I searched the internet and found several ideas for making a root beer cake. I used a combination of things from the different recipes and this is what I came up with. My family thinks the cake is delicious and we are definitely making it for the party. What you need:
- 1 pkg. butter cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1 can (12 oz.) root beer
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.
- Combine 1 box of instant whipped topping mix with 1/2 cup root beer. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until peaks form. This tastes like a root beer float - yum!
- Combine 1 box of white frosting mix with 2 Tbsp. root beer.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. of root beer with powdered sugar to make an icing.