I decided to plant eggplants in my garden for the first time this year. I chose Fairytale Eggplants. They are only about 4 inches long and 1 inch in diameter and are purple with white stripes. I came up with an easy eggplant parmesan recipe that my family loves. We always serve it with spaghetti. What you need:
- 1 large eggplant or 4 Fairytale eggplants (or however many you want)
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar or parmesan cheese)
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds. Dip in melted butter. Cover with bread crumbs.
- Cook in a frying pan (sprayed with cooking oil) over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.
- Serve with spaghetti and garlic toast.