This is one of the best coffee cakes I have ever made. I have made it with fresh and frozen blueberries and both are equally good.What you need:
- 1 egg
- 2 c. Jiffy Mix (a product of Chelsea, MI)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. blueberries, rinsed and well drained
- 1/4 c. Jiffy Mix
- Lemon Icing (below)
- Heat oven to 400. Grease 8X8 pan. Beat egg slightly; stir in 2 c. Jiffy mix, sugar, milk, and lemon.
- In a small bowl, stir blueberries and 1/4 c. Jiffy Mix; gently stir into batter. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; drizzle with lemon icing. Serve warm (I like it cold, too).
- Stir together 2/3 cup powdered sugar and 3-4 tsp. lemon juice until smooth.
I adapted this from a recipe by Betty Crocker.