I was in the mood for an iced coffee today, but I wanted something different than the same old, same old, ya know? I checked on our coffee bean supplies and we still had some wonderful Manitou Blueberry from Leelaunau Coffee. I poked around a bit in our freezer and found some frozen Michigan blueberries. It didn't take me long and I had a pretty sweet idea percolating :). So, here's what I did to make a super delicious Chocolate Covered Blueberry Iced Coffee Smoothie:
- Brewed up a pot of extra strong (throw in a few extra scoops) freshly ground Manitou Blueberry coffee
- Chilled the coffee in the fridge (not necessary, but this way the iced coffee is guaranteed to be refreshingly cold)
- Filled the blender about 1/3 full of icy frozen blueberries
- Poured in cooled coffee around the 1/2 to 3/4 mark of the blender
- Topped off the blender with milk and chocolate syrup to taste
- Blended until the blueberries were pulverized
Enjoyed my Chocolate Covered Blueberry Iced Coffee Smoothie in the shade of the back yard. I am definitely doing this one again. It was SO good! Plus I supported a few Michigan businesses - Meijer milk, Michigan blueberries, and coffee roasted up in Glen Arbor. To make it a complete Michigan iced coffee I should use some Sanders hot fudge next time.