This 1917 newsreel mainly features footage from Detroit, but there is a bit of footage from the Traverse City area showcasing their blossom parade. A motorcycle climbing challenge in Lansing also makes its way into the footage. Also in this newsreel:
- Charitable organization hosts a picnic for hundreds of kids
- Detroit traffic cop chases down a speeder & hops on the running boards
- The scofflaws are sent to the House of Correction Farm to atone for their nefarious act of speeding.
- Scenes from a polo match featuring the Gold Hats of Detroit
- Trap shooting at St. Thomas
The newsreel was silent, of course, so I took it upon myself to add some wonderful selections from Django Rheinhardt - quite arguably a guitarist well before his time.