The top news headline of each day is one of the following:
- "Yet another day of single digit temperatures"
- "4-6 inches of snow expected overnight"
- "Number of potholes at a record high"
- "Warm temps and rain to bring another round of flooding"
- "Today's near record warmth to be followed by sub-zero wind chills"
Seriously, I can't remember a winter like this where we have had so many 30 degree temperature changes in a matter of hours. There are flood warnings about every other week and the constant fluctuations in temperature have created the most pothole filled roads I have seen on paved roads here in Michigan.
The good news?
One month from tomorrow, February 20, Spring officially begins on March 20, 2008!
For those longing for more light later in the evening - Daylight Saving Time begins March 9th.
And as they say - "Hope Springs Eternal."