Oh man. There are so many great events going on in Michigan this weekend. It was really difficult to narrow them down to just five, but I did it. If you are looking for something fun and unique to do this weekend in Michigan - check these ideas out:
- Dunegrass Music Festival - near Lake Anne - 8/5 - 8/7/11. Great group of local, regional, and national bands will be playing all weekend long.
- 3rd Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival - Northville - 8/5 - 8/7/11. Come celebrate Michigan-made products!
- Michilimackinac Marines Encampment - 8/5 - 8/7/11 - Mackinaw City. Park opens at 9am - "Camp reenactors show cooking, camp life, children's games, and dress up. Inside the fort, demonstrations of reliability firing tests, flag raising, and marching of the 1750's French soliders and civilians at Michilimackinac."
- The Ribs 'n' R&B Festival - Detroit - 8/5 - 8/7/11.
- Railfans at Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad - 8/6 - 8/7/11 - Flint. "Trains! Trains! Trains! Celebrate our famous Huckleberry Railroad with tours, demonstrations and model trains galore. Tour our Train Shop, which is only open to the public this weekend!"
Seth Bernard and Daisy May will be performing at the Dunegrass Music Festival this year - here's a video of one of my favorite songs: