The fall colors are peaking all across the lower peninsula so if you can't do any of the things on this weekend's list - take a drive, take a hike, or ride a bike. Just get out and enjoy the beauty of Michigan :).
- The Game. University of Michigan versus arch-rival Michigan State. Should be one heckuva entertaining game. I lucked out and got a ticket to the game! Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30pm and you can watch all the action on your local ABC affiliate.
- Fort Fright haunted house at Colonial Fort Michilimackinac in Mackinaw City - 10/8 - 10/9. 6:30 to 9:00pm and admission is $18 for a family, $6 for adults, Youth (5-17) $3, and 4 and under are free.
- Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival in Alpena - 10/7 - 10/10. Lighthouse tours, vendors, artists, authors, and more.
- Color Cruise and Island Festival in Grand Ledge - 10/8 - 10/10. Covered wagon and riverboat trips to view the fall colors. Pioneer demonstrations include cider pressing, folk dancing, fur trader encampment, and numerous activities for the entire family.
- Little River Halloween Train in Coldwater - 10/9 - 10/23. Climb aboard this classic steam locomotive for a 1.5 hour ride of scary fun.