Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kickoff to summer. Here are five fun things you can do this weekend across the great state of Michigan.
- Stand and applaud for the Veterans in your local Memorial Day Parade. Visit a cemetery and pay your respects to those who died in serving our country.
- Civil War Reenactment in Coldwater - 5/27 to 5/29. Battle reenactments, Civil War period wedding, dances, and more.
- Lumberjack Breakfast at the Tahquamenon Logging Museum from 7am to 12pm - May 28th. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, and fried potatoes cooked on a wood stove. Man, wish I was in the area - that sounds great!
- Mackinaw Memorial Bridge Race - race across the Mackinac Bridge May 28th. Call (231) 436-5664 for registration and more details.
- Ride the Keweenaw Weekend - 5/27 to 5/29. Come celebrate the Copper Harbor mountain bike trails with guided tours, bike demos, and downhill shuttle runs. Call (906) 289-4788 for more information.