Summer is winding down. School will be back in session before you know it. But that hasn’t slowed down the number of festivals and events taking place all across Michigan this weekend.
- Mackinac Island Fudge Festival – 8/19 – 8/20/11. Get your fill of fudge this weekend by tasting some Mackinac Island Fudge Stout Beer, crazy fudge drink combinations, a dinner with fudge (of course) as the theme, and much more chocolate-related fun.
- Take your kids to A Day Out With Thomas at Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Railroad – 8/19 – 8/20/11.
- Southeast Michigan Civil War Remembrance Tour – Metro Detroit – 8/20/11. “Join David Ingall, a Civil War expert and former assistant director of the Monroe County Historical Museum, and traverse a historic trail created by linking local monuments, museum exhibits, markers, forgotten landmarks, forts, and grave sites centered on this pivotal period in American history.”
- National Pickle Festival in Linwood – 8/19 – 8/21/11. Parade, car show, entertainment, kid rides, and (of course) free pickles.
- Pure Michigan 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 8/21/11 at 1pm. I’m guessing that in addition to some great racing you will see a lot of ads for Pure Michigan .